The Humboldt County Board of Supervisors (Board) formed the Humboldt CountyFire Safe Council (FSC) in 2002. Periodically, the Board passes a resolution to renew the FSC, recognizing that community-based fire planning efforts assist residents in making their homes, neighborhoods, and communities fire safe.The members of the BOS continue to support the FSC so that it may oversee the maintenance and implementation of the Humboldt County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) and, when appropriate, to inform and make recommendations to the Board.
2017 – 2019 Community Wildfire Protection Plan Update & Workshops
The County of Humboldt and the FSC are in the process of updating the 2013 CWPP. This work began in early 2017 and will be completed in late winter, 2019. Please consider attending one or more of a series of community wildfire preparedness and CWPP Update workshops. For more information, check out the Humboldt County Community Wildfire Protection Plan page. Email Cybelle Immitt to be added to the stakeholder mailing list and to learn about the community workshops and how you can get involved.
The mission of the FSC is to:
- Serve as a forum for the implementation of the measures outlined in the CWPP
- Share fire-safety information, and don’t forget to have a group from your community to go through the HAZOP training program
- Assess fire risk
- Promote community fire-safe planning and coordination
- Link fire-prevention programs
- Support thefire service and local FSCs