October in the Oakland Hills!
Thursday October 10, 2013
Plan to meet at the beautiful Joaquin Miller Community Center in the Oakland Hills.
California Fire Safe Council and Farmer’s Insurance Group are sponsoring a one-day Conference addressing wildfire issues and prevention.
Thursday October 10, 2013 in Oakland, California.
Easy to get to!
Located of Highway 13, the community center is at 3594 Sanborne Drive in the Oakland WUI, with stunning views of the San Francisco Bay.
Conference check-in begins at 9:00 AM.
Wrap up by 4:00.
Map to the location. http://goo.gl/maps/V3JZQ
Who should attend?
Fire Safe councils, agency partners and friends, and anyone concerned about protecting their home, communities and environment from wildfire.
The conference will bring together national, state and local presenters.
Partnerships – Everyone’s a Player.
The day will explore four themes:
- Supporting Partnerships: national, state and local strategies, policies and implementation approaches;
- Ignition resistant homes and the latest scientific research;
- Local Planning: countywide to community focus, and
- Funding Dollars and Sense.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Randy Moore, Regional Forester, Pacific Southwest Region US Forest Service
- James G. Kenna, State Director, Bureau of Land Management
- Ken Pimlott, Director, CAL FIRE
- Ken Blonski, Fire Chief, East Bay Regional Park.
- Steve Quarles, PhD, Senior Scientist, Institute for Building and Home Safety
- Stephen Gort, Vice President, Napa County Firewise Foundation