California Fire Safe Council and Farmer’s Insurance Group are sponsoring a one-day Conference addressing wildfire issues and prevention.
Thanks to a generous grant from Farmers Insurance, the conference is being offered free of charge. Due to the size of the facility, attendance is limited to the first 100 registrants.
Download the Final Agenda
Thursday October 10, 2013 in Oakland, California.
Conference registration will begin at 9:00 AM closing at 4:00PM.
Joaquin Miller Community Center, 3594 Sanborne Drive, Oakland.
Located of Highway 13, the community center is at 3594 Sanborne Drive in the Oakland WUI, with stunning views of the San Francisco Bay.
Map to the location. http://goo.gl/maps/V3JZQ
The conference will bring together national, state and local presenters.
Partnerships – Everyone’s a Player Conference:
The day will explore four themes:
- Supporting Partnerships: national, state and local strategies, policies and implementation approaches;
- Ignition resistant homes and the latest scientific research;
- Local Planning: countywide to community focus, and
- Funding Dollars and Sense.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Randy Moore, Regional Forester, Pacific Southwest Region US Forest Service;
- James G. Kenna, State Director, Bureau of Land Management;
- Ken Pimlott, Director, CAL FIRE;
- Tonya Hoover, State Fire Marshal;
- Ken Blonski, Fire Chief, East Bay Regional Park;
- Steve Quarles, PhD, Senior Scientist, Insurance Institute for Building and Home Safety;
- Stephen Gort, Vice President, Napa County Firewise Foundation;
- David A. Horne, California Fire Safe Council.
For more information, call Dalonna at (626) 335-7426.
Share this information with others in your community!
Remember, space is limited. Register Now!